Policies & Pets
The Rookwood Inn is a smoke-free historic building. Smoking is permitted in the driveway and on the front lawn only. Please use the ash trays provided. Smoking in the inn or guest room will be subject to a $250 cleaning fee.
We take pleasure in welcoming well-behaved, supervised children of all ages to our inn.
Special Dietary Requests
We serve a bountiful, heart-healthy buffet breakfast with one hot entree each day along with fruit, hot and cold cereals, yogurt, cottage cheese, and hard-boiled eggs. Afternoon refreshments are available as well in a guest pantry for food and beverage storage. When notified in advance, we do our best to accommodate dietary restrictions.
Rates shown are for up to two people sharing a room, and include our full buffet breakfast and afternoon refreshments. Most rooms can accommodate only two people. Some rooms, and all suites, can accommodate additional guests. With more than two people in a room, regardless of the guests’ age, there is a fee of $35 per day for each additional person.
All rates are subject to a 5% gratuity and 11.7% state and local lodging tax.
A deposit is required to secure a reservation. For stays of one night, full payment is expected at the time of the reservation. For stays of two nights or more, a 50% deposit is expected. For some holiday weekends, a 100% deposit is required at the time of reservation. Reservations made within the 30-day cancellation period must be paid in full.
Call 800-223-9750 for special group rates and policies.
For all weekends (Thursday through Monday) during Tanglewood Season, there is at least a three-night minimum stay; some special midweek events require minimum stays.
There is a two night minimum the remainder of the year when Saturday night is requested. Exceptions to minimum stays are sometimes permitted.
Rates and minimum stays are subject to increases for all Holiday periods (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, President’s Birthday, Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day, and Columbus Day).
All prices and minimum stays are subject to change without notice.
We accept all major credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Diner’s Club, Discover), cash and travelers’ checks.
If a reservation must be cancelled, and it is done at least one month before the scheduled arrival date, we will refund 90% of the deposit. For cancellations with less notice (including late arrival or early departure), your credit card will be charged the balance of the reservation. If we are able to rebook the room, we will refund the re-booked amount, less a service charge of 10%. This applies for early departure and late arrivals.
Check-in / Check-out
Check-in is 3 – 10 p.m.; Check out is by 11 a.m. We will be happy to store your luggage should you wish to stay in town longer. Special arrangements may be accommodated by advance request.
The Williams Suite, on the first floor, is dog friendly. It has direct access outside for our friends with fur. We are happy to accommodate up to one well behaved small dog (under 40 pounds) in our first floor guest room with direct outside access in accordance, when notified in advance, with the following policies:
- There is a $25 per night charge for dogs
- Included in the extra charge is our “Pampered Pooch Basket” with towels for muddy paws, plastic bags for poop scooping, and a special treat.
- For everyone’s safety, dogs are expected to remain on a leash when outside.
- Owners must clean up after dogs. Bags are provided in your “Pampered Pooch Basket”, and used bags are to be deposited directly into the dumpster.
- Dogs need to be crated when left alone in the guest room during breakfast or other times their own humans are not present.
- Dogs are not permitted into the public rooms of the inn, or in any other guest room.
- Please do not leave your dog loose and/or unattended in the room when you are out; if you require a sitter or dog-walker while you are out, we are able to recommend a wonderful dog walker or doggie day care site nearby.
- Owners are responsible in full for any damages or excessive cleaning costs.
- Dogs must be clean and flea/tick controlled.
- Wet/muddy paws and coats need to be wiped before entry into the room (old towels are provided in the “Pampered Pooch Basket”.
- We reserve the right to ask the guests to leave or board their dog if the dog is too noisy, misbehaved, or aggressive.