Lenox Restaurants – here’s a great list
You’ve planned your long-awaited vacation to Lenox. You have your tickets in-hand. Now you need to decide where you will eat. While Lenox is a small village, we are fortunate to have some wonderful dining options within a short walk, or drive, from The Rookwood Inn. The array of Lenox restaurants will meet all gastronomic desires and wallets from a basic pizza restaurant to five star Relais Chateaux properties.
These restaurants are within a few minute walk from The Rookwood Inn. We have noted guest favorites with an asterick.*
- Alta Restaurant & Wine Bar – lunch and dinner menus offering a variety of local and organic ingredients. Their inspired Mediterranean cuisine is always fresh. Extensive wine list featuring selections from around the world, and 24 delicious wines by the glass.
- Bistro Zinc- a modern French bistro in the heart of historic downtown Lenox.
that boasts fine cuisine and a refined but welcoming atmosphere.
- Cafe Lucia *- regional Italian preparations, local organic produce, natural & organic meats, excellent wines, full bar, intimate dining in indoors or out. Chef owned & operated since 1983.
- Church Street Cafe*- American Bistro featuring fresh & local products. Outdoor dining. Full bar with extensive wine list and a variety of local beers.
- Firefly *- Vibrant, chef-owned Church Street landmark with ever-changing new American Bistro menus served in its beautiful dining rooms, tavern menu.
- Frankie’s Ristorante Italiano* – Real, home-made Italian food like your Italian grandmother (real or imagined) used to make.
- Gateways* – creative and Contemporary American dishes utilizing the finest and freshest products available each season. Prix-fixe menu for dinner; late night Piano Bar with a la carte offerings. New owners.
- Haven Cafe and Bakery *- where the priority is food and community. With a mission to offer high quality food and excellent service to all their guests – whether it be a fresh cup of great coffee to go, a healthy delicious lunch to sit down with, a tasty life enhancing meal to take home or a catered event for dozens of friends and family. Supporting a big team of local organic farmers, environmentally conscious and epicurious distributors.
- Prime Italian Steakhouse* – Featuring prime cuts with an array of Italian specialties. Striking glass bar, magnificent wine list, late-night menu after Tanglewood.
- Nudel* – a creative American pasta bar which takes its inspiration from the bounty provided by the local farms and producers of Berkshire County. Whenever possible, they use local, organic, ethical and natural ingredients.
- Olde Heritage Tavern – local “watering hole” featuring great burgers and “pub” food.
- Rumplestilizkin’s – seasonally-changing dinner menu supplemented with daily specials to take advantage of the freshest available ingredients. Colonial-inspired dishes, such as Shaker-Style Cranberry Pot Roast and Roasted Duck mix with perennial gourmet favorites, such as Filet Mignon and Fresh Salmon. After dinner, try Rumpy’s for a nightcap.
- Shots Cafe – casual ambiance featuring cold sandwiches, paninis, salads & more. Mochas, smoothies & gelato.
- Spoon* – casual restaurant open for breakfast & lunch daily featuring local, organic, natural and ethical ingredients. Evening hours for organic ice cream. Owner, Danielle, started her career at age 14 at The Rookwood Inn.
Just a short drive from The Rookwood, you’ll find the following Lenox restaurants:
- Blantyre* – Zagat survey states, “Savor exquisite New American-French cuisine, served with old-world elegance.”
- Chocolate Springs Cafe* – European-style chocolate confectionary with delicious desserts. Artisanal chocolates including truffles, pralines, tea infusions & sensual confections. Serious hot & cold chocolate.
- Cranwell* – a variety of dining experiences in multiple restaurants: Wyndhurst Music Room, Sloane’s Tavern & more.
- Jae’s of Lenox*- pan Asian cuisine with delicacies from Korea, Japan and Thailand.
- Jonathan’s Bistro – Seasonally fresh menu.
- Trattoria “Il Vesuvio”* – A tastee of Italy in the Berkshires. Fine Italian cuisine.
- Wheatleigh* – sophisticated 5 Diamond restaurant with lovely setting. Elegant prix-fixe dinners in the main dining room and more casual dining in The Library.
If you’re looking for just ice cream, frozen yogurt or a picnic to take to Tanglewood (or elsewhere) you might want to try one of these Lenox restaurants or food purveyors:
- The Scoop – Sweets cafe offering SoCo icecream, frozen yogurt, smoothies, candy, & bakend goods. Coffee, wraps & soup.